|The Anthem of the Heart|
|Rōmaji||Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda|
|Literally||The Heart Wants to Shout|
|Distributor||Aniplex; Aniplex of America|
|Release Dates||September 19th, 2015 (Japan)|
March 30th, 2016 (North America/Blu-ray)
|Running Time||120 minutes|
PG-13 (North America)
|Box office||¥655 million|
The Anthem of the Heart, subtitled Beautiful Word Beautiful World, is a 2015 Japanese animated film produced by A-1 Pictures, directed by Tatsuyuki Nagai and written by Mari Okada. The original title is Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda. ((心が叫びたがってるんだ。The Heart Wants to Shout), and it is abbreviated as Kokosake (ここさけ). It was worked on by the staff who had previously worked on the anime series Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and its film adaptation.
The story takes place in the Japanese city of Chichibu, where the story revolves around a young girl by the name of Jun Naruse. She is a girl who wants to cry out her true feelings, but always hurts people with her words. One day, she meets an egg fairy who claims he can help her with her problem. Jun accepts the fairy's deal to help her, and the fairy seals her words away, so she could never speak again and never hurt people with her words again.
The story then skips years later, when Jun is in her high school years. Her life then changes when she encounters music and friendship.
- Inori Minase as Jun Naruse (成瀬 順 Naruse Jun)
- Kōki Uchiyama as Takumi Sakagami (坂上 拓実 Sakagami Takumi)
- Sora Amamiya as Natsuki Nitō (仁藤 菜月 Nitō Natsuki)
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Daiki Tazaki (田崎 大樹 Tazaki Daiki)
- Yō Yoshida as Izumi Naruse (成瀬 泉 Naruse Izumi), Jun's mother
- Keiji Fujiwara as Kazuki Jōshima (城嶋 一基 Jōshima Kazuki)
- Anthem of the Heart has several references to Anohana, which was made by the same team. One of the most clear references is having two characters from the Anohana series make a cameo.